Gospel Musicians has announced the release of Pure Synth Platinum Version 2 for Mac OS and Windows in VST, AU and AAX plug-in formats. It is on sale for an introductory rate of $99.99. Existing Pure Synth Platinum customers can upgrade for $49.99.
Gospel Musicians say Pure Synth Platinum 2 is a completely custom and new architecture, which is entirely different from the previous version. They built this architecture from the ground up with the emphasis on three main things:
- User Friendliness.
- Lower CPU.
- Thick, rich, Warm analog sound.
The entire Pure Synth architecture is centered around "fantastic sounds that sound organic, thick, rich, and full of analog flavor".
Gospel Musicians says: "Over the years we have crafted our own analog routing configurations and gear to allow for a ton of flavor in the sounds. In an age where the new definition of a rompler is basically an EDM machine, we wanted to bring back the the days of the true rompler sound, where rich acoustic pianos, warm horns, solo strings, and realistic woodwinds are prominent as well. At the same time we realized that all sounds are not created equal, so instead of giving you hundreds of sound categories that you would never use, we took the liberty to focus our soundest on, what we think as urban musicians ourselves, you would love to hear more of as well."
- Pianos: Very warm realistic pianos with a custom release playmode that decays and releases like a real piano. A KYBRD option was added to increase the decay faster in upper registers.
- Electric Pianos - A version of Neo-Soul Suitcase with the classic infinite sustain that you hear on many Neo-Soul records is included.
- OB and Synth Horns - A glut of OB style synths notwithstanding the pads, strings, and a plethora of OB horn emulations that sound warm and rich.
- Pure Sine - The classic urban sine wave leads, subs, and layered stacks.
- Worship Pads - Very usable and classic warm pads that are almost all connected to the mod wheel for real-time filter adjustments.
- Orchestral Strings - Very realistic and lush sounding strings.
- BASSalicious - It's no secret that Gospel Musicians are synth bass fanatics, so they've included a ton of synth bass patches.
- Vox - Boys and girls choirs and jazz phrase and scats.
Sample Library Statistics:
- OS: Windows 7+ / OS X 10.8+ (64-Bit Only).
- Format: VST/AU/AAX/Standalone.
- 1,000 Sounds.
- 21619 Samples.
- 650 Presets.
- 6.0GB Sample Size (8.11 GB Uncompressed).
- 108 custom wavetables recreated from analog sources.
- 44kHz/16-bit Dithered from 88kHz/24-bit.
- 20 High Quality Digital Effects, including the full VKFX Suite from Overloud.
- Easy serial number authorization.
New in This Version:
- New easier and flexible Preset System with Fast search, loading, and saving.
- New Lightening Fast Loading Streaming Engine with Custom Lossless format for better streaming.
- Better CPU Optimization (Especially for Mainstage and Logic ProX).
- Brand New optimized and better quality sample-set sampled through high quality analog gear.
- Warm Wavetable Technology
- Custom wavetable algorithm to keep waveforms warm and analog sounding, rather than the typical thin sounding wavetable when mapped across the entire key range.
- Modulation System with an easy right+click modulator assignment schema. You can assign virtually any parameter to an LFO, Envelope, or Modwheel.
- A VA circuit modeled State Variable Filter, giving a warm analog sound.
- Ability to Ctrl+Click and select multiple oscillators in which to edit.
- JP-8000 Supersaw Unison/Detune with blend option to be able to blend between regular and JP-Like detuning
- Powered Scale Option - Scales the detuning in a unique way. By default the voices are spread in cents linearly, but if you enable powered detuning it groups them a little closer around the base frequency. The powered scale option is closer to the Roland SuperSaw behavior and the default is closer to other soft synths.
- The Blend Option allows you to blend between classic mode and JP SuperSaw mode.
- Brand New FX System
- Dynamically and Graphically position FX signal flow in virtual racks.
- Separate Oscillator FX sends for Reverb and Insert FX.
- Featuring Overloud's VKFX Suite.
- New Dattorro's figure-of-eight Algorithmic Reverb.
- New Schroeder Algorithmic Reverb.
- New Soft Master Limiter with Tube Saturation.
- New Stereo Spread/Widener with Safe Bass Multi-Mode Settings.
- Custom Impulse Responses taken from high quality reverbs:
- ASR-10/DP4 from the Ensoniq hardware.
- EMT-44 Delay.
- Lexicon 200 Digital Reverb.
- Lexicon 480X Digital Reverb.
- Lexicon PCX900.
- Roland DEP3 Echo.
- Roland RE201.
- Rare Spring.
- Large HD View and the ability to resize.