H. G. Fortune has released X-Wheel of Fortune 3 (X-WoF 3), the latest incarnation of this "multi-part integrated algorithmic VSTi music system" for creating tracks based on 8 instrument-parts:
- Pad 1 synthesizer
- Pad 2 synthesizer
- Bass synthesizer
- Hi Sq Synthesizer
- Perc3 to Perc5
- Variable Atmospheric Oneshot Sq.
Each patch/preset may be a complete musical track, a track for backing a live performance, etc. All this can be arranged in two different ways using the algorithmic Wheel mode for free floating-, or the Scale step mode for harmonically pre-structured-tracks based on musical scales.
There are more than 80 selectable PCM waves for the Pad synthesizers, over 200 Percussion instruments and drums. In addition wavefiles can be loaded at pad parts and for percussion. Also featured is an inbuilt quick-help system covering the most needed topics including a quick tutorial with resp. patch.
- Pad 1 and Pad 2 Synthesizer with over 80 different PCM waveforms.
- Pad 1 and Pad 2 Synthesizer featuring Transition light inherited from STS-24.
- Bass and HiSq (=High Sequencer sounds).
- Percussion section with 5 instruments and dedicated programmable Kick-part.
- Over 200 Percussion instruments.
- VaSq - the Variable Atmospheric One Shot Sq for spacey things within a track.
- User Wav files loadable for Pads and all percussion instruments (even in free version).
- 41 different internal scales + one adjustable User scale within every preset.
- Fade In and Fade Out, individual audio out (6 x stereo) selectable, Start/Stop by Transport Run of Host.
- Inbuilt help pages and quick tutorial with resp. patch.
The registered version costs €39, as introductory offer, until June 30th, 2006, when it will rise to €49. A 5 part free-version with full audition mode for certain patches is available (There are 64 editable presets/patches available in the registered version / 32 in the free version). Within the free version Pad 1, Bass and the complete percussion section (Kick, HiHat and Perc 3-5) are fully accessible and editable.