Homegrown Sounds has released Kit Creator, a program for Windows/MacOS that automatically generates SAMPLE KITS of 16 samples for MPCs and Ableton Live. You can drop up to 16 directories that contain samples and assign which pads they will be used for.
Homegrown Sounds says it's a great way to find inspiration from the folders of samples that you own.
- Up to 16 Directories can be added via drag & drop which are then scanned recursively.
- Each Directory can be assigned to any or even all pads.
- Each directory has its sample order randomised until all have been used, and then they are randomised again.
- Creates a specific number of presets or All mode generates until every sample has been used at least once, all kits will always contain 16 unique samples.
- Creates a random name randomised for a database of 30,000 words.
- Uses template files for the source preset so you can replace with your own so you can have control over every setting beyond what Kit creator changes.
- Exports directly to Ableton Live's user directories so presets are immediately available.
- Has a Preset System for saving & Reloading Presets.
- Theming System with save & load capabilities.
- Supports 64-bit Windows and 64-bit Apple M1/Intel.
- Includes PDF manual.
- Requirements: 64-bit Windows or 64-bit Mac (10.13 or later).
- Mac version is Universal Binary & so natively supports M1 or intel.
Kit Creator costs $34.99 but is available for an introductory price of $19.99 until the 6th June, 2022, at hgsounds.com