Hotone released VStomp Amp, a new virtual amp VST/AU/AAX plugin and Standalone application for Windows and Mac OS X.
Following the development of Hotone's powerful and versatile XTOMP pedal and based on their proprietary CDCM system, VStomp Amp delivers organic, studio-grade sound quality and the exact character of legendary amplifiers.
Here's what they say:
Unlike mainstream modeling methods based on the characteristics of a certain "state" of the circuitry, which just "comes close" to the modeled sound, VStomp Amp employs a complex system based on dynamic feature modeling. In this matrix, every single circuit component is alive and performs like its original.
Behind VStomp Amp is Hotone's CDCM (Comprehensive Dynamic Circuit Modeling) system. CDCM is built on a complex dynamic variation matrix, able to realistically express every detailed change that occurs during the operational process of actual circuitry. This matrix will adjust its own modeling parameters and even framework based on the instrument input signal range, signal frequency, knob position, the instrument's own impedance, and other variable parameters, all to achieve the closest possible characteristics of actual modeled circuitry.
The VStomp Amp comes with some extra trick features: an impulse response (IR) loader and a noise gate. With the IR loader, you can load your favorite cab "images" for further tone shaping. The noise gate helps you keep your sound pristine, which makes it great for studio production.
- Grown out of next-gen XTOMP technology.
- Simple-but-real guitar/bass amp simulator with easy-to-use UI.
- Advanced CDCM modeling system ensures realistic playing experience.
- Studio-grade sound quality, great dynamic and frequency response.
- Growing amp/cab library.
- 23 CDCM powered legendary vintage and modern amplifier models.
- 20 CDCM powered classic cabinet models.
- Built-in IR loader for applying your favorite cabs.
- Built-in smart noise gate.
- Can be used as standalone software.
Intro Price: $49 (Reg. $99).