Hypersynth has introduced the Hcard series.
Hcards are multibank memory cards that are designed to expand the memory of Yamaha's DX series and Roland's D-50. Hcards have no internal battery, can store up to 100 banks and available in 3 models:
- Hcard-701 Memory size: Up to 100 banks (3200 presets).
- Hcard-702 Memory size: Up to 100 banks (6400 presets).
- Hcard-750 Memory size: Up to 64 banks (6400 presets).
- Instant access to different banks using touch buttons.
- Two digits bank indicator display.
- No need for battery.
- Hidden "Memory Protect" option.
- Hcard-701: Drop in replacement for Yamaha "data RAM" and "Voice ROM" cartridge.
- Hcard-702: Drop in replacement for Yamaha "RAM4" and "DATA ROM" cartridge.
- Hcard-750: Drop in replacement for Roland "M-256" and "DATA ROM" card.
- Pre-programmed sound-banks.
- External display support.
External LCD Display:
Regarding the technology limitations, most of the iconic instruments built in the 80ies suffer from weak UIs and small displays. For instance, everyone knows how it is hard and time consuming to preview presets one by one and find a preset with a specific name in a DX7 or D-50. To address this issue, Hcards are equipped with a micro USB port for connecting to an external display called "H-Display". H-Display automatically reads the current bank, previews all preset names and highlights the active preset. Sound selection and bank management will be much easier than before. H-Display is under development now, but all the Hcards that are sold now are compatible with the H-Display Protocol.
- Hcard-701: €91 / $104 USD.
- Hcard-702: €91 / $104 USD.
- Hcard-750: €95 / $109 USD.
Hcards are available to purchase from the HyperSynth web store now.