IK Multimedia has announced UNO Synth, its first hardware synthesizer – a full-fledged analog synthesizer.
Here's what they say:
IK combined two decades of experience in software and hardware development with the expertise of Italian boutique synth-maker Soundmachines, in collaboration with IK's synth guru Erik Norlander (one of the brains behind synths like the Alesis Andromeda). The result is an instrument with massive analog sound that's also easy to use, with hands-on programmability and advanced features.
If you pre-order now (€199.99 + VAT) you get free shipping.
UNO Synth is made in IK's own Italian manufacturing facility. Like the majority of IK hardware products, UNO Synth is built using a combination of IK's automated mounting machines and test systems and Italian craftsmanship.
True-analog audio path
Beneath its miniature exterior, UNO Synth packs a powerful, fat and rich-sounding synthesis engine with a full analog audio path:
- All-analog audio path with 2 VCOs, noise generator, resonant multimode VCF and VCA.
- 2 independent VCOs with Saw, Triangle, Pulse waveforms with continuously variable shape including PWM of the square wave plus a separate white noise generator.
- A 2-pole OTA-based analog resonant sweepable multimode filter with LPF, HPF and BPF.
- Custom-designed, dual-stage overdrive that provides filter input overdrive for classic synth saturation tone, from subtle warming to aggressive distortion.
- LFO with Sine, Triangle, Square, Up Saw, Down Saw, Random and Sample-and-Hold to modulate Pitch, Filter, Amp and continuous oscillator wave shapes including PWM.
Learn more at www.unosynth.com