Ilya Efimov Production has released Uilleann Pipes, the latest addition to Ilya's library of ethnic folk instruments for Kontakt.
The Uilleann Pipes are the national bagpipe instrument of Ireland. It's unusual and complex in its construction, requiring from a player quite a bit of mastering. Seven playable reeds – the chanter, drones and regulators provide the instrument's unique blend, harmonic structure, sweeter and quieter sound.
In the library Ilya sampled two full octaves for the chanter – main instrument's reed, - including fast and slow legato notes, as well as other articulations like vibrato, staccato and mordents. There is also a special range on keyboard for playing regulators and regulators' chords to accompany the chanter's melody with simple harmonic backing. Plus Ilya designed suitable ways to turn on/off the drones, bellows noise and other bagpipe FX, which helps to provide the realistic sound of the library.
With this library a complicated instrument, like the Uilleann Pipes, now becomes easy to incorporate in your music.
- 576 MB ncw compressed format.
- 750 samples, 44,1 Hz/24-bit, stereo.
- 2 natural legato types: normal and glissando.
- 9 different articulations.
- Two vibrato types with amount and speed control.
- Two staccato types with 6 round-robin each.
- Reassignable keyswitches and MIDI-controllers.
- 3 modes of legato performance.
- Drones start, tune and volume control.
- Chromatic scale for regulator keys.
Price: 59.00 €.