Impact Soundworks has released Super Audio Boy, a free Kontakt instrument/sample library that captures the retro sounds of the Nintendo Game Boy handheld.
Super Audio Boy is a loving tribute to the handheld video game system that has become a legend in its own right. With well over 100 million units sold, the "GB" needs no further introduction, other than to mention that its sound chip has survived well-after the regular life span of the handheld and spawned multiple entire genres of music.
For this reason, when Impact Soundworks wanted to make a free version of Super Audio Cart, they decided that the GB was the ideal system to use. Super Audio Boy uses the same 4-layer synth, arp, FX, and mod engine from Super Audio Cart, but exclusively features the GB sound sources. Every waveform has been meticulously sampled from the actual hardware - no emulation here - and then carefully edited for use in Kontakt.
With Super Audio Boy, you can easily create authentic GB-style music, modern chiptunes, or take the sounds in a modern direction with the extensive feature set from Super Audio Cart.
- One legendary grey handheld game system.
- All key waveforms multisampled.
- Extra PCM drum samples + waveforms.
- Over 50 authentic & modern presets.
- Meticulous editing to preserve authenticity.
- Recorded using actual hardware.
- Four independent sound source layers.
- Integrated sound source browser.
- Over a dozen filter models.
- 5 FX racks with 8 modules each.
- Poly arpeggiator, gate & sequencer.
- 64-slot modulation matrix.
Requirements: Full Kontakt version 5.5.2 or higher (not Player).
Watch Impact Soundworks Lead Developer Andrew Aversa's Super Audio Boy video walkthrough here: youtu.be/pBOlE6gYqVY