iZotope today launched Dialogue Match, describing it as "the first tool to automatically learn and match the sonic character of dialogue recordings". It is also the first product to combine brand-new machine learning from iZotope with reverb technology from Exponential Audio's product line, which was acquired by iZotope earlier this year.
Re-recording mixers that are responsible for delivering the final sound mix for films and television programs, often need a way to quickly match dialogue from lavalier, boom mics, and ADR (Automated Dialogue Replacement), in order to create a seamless and cohesive dialogue performance. With Dialogue Match, users can analyze audio to extract a sonic profile, then apply the profile to any other dialogue track for fast and easy environmental consistency in scene recordings, allowing them to complete the tedious process of matching production dialogue to ADR in seconds, rather than hours.
"Users who have tested Dialogue Match are telling us that it will change the way they approach dialogue editing forever," said iZotope's Senior Product Manager, Mike Rozett. "We are very excited to collaborate with Exponential Audio founder Michael Carnes on this product and we're both convinced that this technology will revolutionize the laborious process of getting continuity in dialogue."
For re-recording mixers and ADR editors, Dialogue Match is a time-saver. Tonal characteristics can be matched between a boom and a lavalier microphone, localized audio can automatically be matched to the original language, and global snapshots and reference profiles can be saved or loaded.
Dialogue Match Features:
- EQ Module leverages the EQ matching mechanics of iZotope's Ozone 9 to quickly learn and match the tonal and spectral characteristics of dialogue.
- Reverb Module uses brand-new reverb matching technology, powered by machine learning, to capture spatial reflections from one recording and accurately apply them to another via Exponential Audio's clean, realistic reverb engine.
- Ambience Module analyzes the spectral noise profile of a recording, and identifies and re-creates room tone for dramatic acceleration of the ADR workflow.
Dialogue Match is now available as a standalone AudioSuite Plugin for $599 MSRP. iZotope does not currently support its use for any host application other than Pro Tools 11 or later.
Intro Price: $499 in the KVR Marketplace.
Dialogue Match will also be available as part of the following bundles:
- Post Production Surround Reverb Bundle ($1,199 MSRP).
- RX 7 Advanced Reverb Bundle ($1,499 MSRP).
- RX Post Production Suite 4 ($1,999 MSRP).