iZotope has announced that it is shipping the latest update to its software mastering suite, Ozone 4, on January 30th. iZotope is demonstrating Ozone 4 at the NAMM show at booth 6700.
Ozone 4 builds on the program's reputation for high sound quality and industry-standard mastering tools with new innovations and refinements. iZotope has updated and expanded Ozone's processing algorithms, optimizing them for today's low-latency DAW environments. Ozone 4 features a new Intelligent Loudness Maximizer mode, mid/side processing for superior control over the sound stage, hybrid crossovers, a re-designed interface and a completely updated preset manager featuring innovative MacroPresets. In addition, numerous interface improvements and ease-of-use additions make Ozone even more accessible to musicians who want to quickly finalize their projects, while also offering precise tools for professional engineers.
- Integrated mastering system combining analog warmth and digital precision.
- Seven essential mastering processors in one integrated plug-in.
- Updated processing algorithms, optimized for low-latency DAW environments.
- New mid/side processing tools add a whole new dimension of power to Ozone's EQ, dynamics, harmonic exciter and reverb modules by letting you process different parts of the soundstage separately.
- New IRC Intelligent Loudness Maximizer "Intelligent II" mode provides full, loud and dynamic masters while handling transients with unprecedented clarity.
- Improved and enhanced preset manager with over 100 presets and a floating window for easier editing and better visual feedback.
- New MacroPresets let you adjust a few simple parameters to find the perfect starting point for mastering a project.
- Completely re-designed input and output metering shows real-world analog peak levels (inter-sample peaks), simultaneous peak and RMS values, and now includes full K-System metering support.
- New hybrid crossovers combine the best aspects of digital and analog crossovers.
- Many more interface and ease-of-use additions including refined EQ controls, automatic gain compensation, "Amount" sliders to dial in more or less processing on each module, and more.
Pricing and Availability
Ozone 4 will be available for $249 MSRP for Windows (Vista, XP) and Mac OS X (Universal Binary) in Pro Tools 7 (RTAS/AudioSuite), VST, MAS, Audio Unit, and DirectX formats . Ozone 4 is distributed worldwide by M-Audio, and will also be available direct (download only) from www.izotope.com.
Customers who bought Ozone 3 after October 1st, 2008, are eligible for a free upgrade to Ozone 4 when it is released. Existing Ozone 3 customers will be able to upgrade for only $79.