Karoryfer Samples has released Frankensnare, a snare-layering bank for the free Plogue Sforzando sampler, designed to make layering acoustic snares easy. It keeps the organic responsiveness of a well-sampled acoustic snare while allowing sounds as powerful as a layered electronic snare to be created.
- Allows layering of up to three snares at once.
- All snares sampled with four round robins and up to 11 velocity layers.
- All snares sampled with four or more microphones.
- Extras layer: four types of claps, guitar chiks, tambourine.
- Over 2000 samples total.
- Samples also included as unlocked WAV files.
- 10"x6" ash snare: brushes and sticks.
- 12"x5" steel snare.
- 14"x5" maple snare: brushes and sticks.
- 14"x6.5" maple snare: normal and muted.
- 14"x8" aluminum snare: center hits and rimshots.
- 14"x8" birch snare.
- 18"x16" prepared birch tom.
- 20"x6" poplar snare: brushes, sticks and prepared.
- Sympathy snare (kick drum surrounded by six sympathetically buzzing snares) with 20"x20" kick.
- Sympathy snare with 22"x16" kick.
Price: $19. There is an intro price of $9 until December 6th. It works in the free Plogue Sforzando plugin, version 1.933 or newer.
Walkthrough video: YouTube/XeuQCrH9BMk