Klanghelm updates DC8C to v2.1 and releases DC1A 2 (Free)
Klanghelm has announced that the free compression plugin DC1A has been updated to v2.0, incorporating the compression engine of its big brother DC8C (which has been updated to v2.1).
DC1A 2 offers a few more tricks than its predecessor, such as compression with negative ratios and dual mono operation. Since the sound has changed, DC1A 2 has a new plugin id, so that it can be used alongside with V1.
Changes in DC8C v2.1:
- New GUI(s). Dedicated GUIs for each easy mode too.
- New metering, much more detailed and accurate.
- New dual mono switch for the easy modes.
- Mac RTAS is now officially supported.
- Less CPU consumption.
- Removed DC offset from saturation.
- Overall better handling of extreme settings.
- With no oversampling selected DC8C is zero latency now.
The update is free for existing users. DC8C still costs 20€.