Klevgrand has announced the release of GotoEQ, an evolution of a vintage passive tube-based program equalizer for VST/AU/AAX/iPad, expanding on the original sound with dynamic EQ bands, bringing more versatility to your mixing with continuous frequency selection, and adding metering functionality.
GotoEQ performs the classic 'low-end trick' with dual Boost and Attenuate controls for its low shelf, but it also offers the ability to perform a 'high-end trick', with a similar formulation of high shelving. With continuous frequency selection, a user can tune each band as they like. Most importantly, GotoEQ's two mid bands offer dynamic attenuation...
Engage a band's Dynamic Attenuation control to activate compression across its range. The complex compression algorithm at work behind the scenes has been tuned for musical results with a single control.
- Detailed modelling of a classic passive EQ unit.
- High-pass the signal at 20Hz, 40Hz or 80Hz.
- Continuous frequency selection allows fine-tuning to your audio material.
- Set Frequency, Boost and Attenuation for the Low and High shelving bands.
- Frequency selection is tuned to describe the notch created when cutting and boosting.
- Set Frequency, Gain, Q and Dynamic Attenuation for the two mid bands.
- Finely-tuned compression algorithm makes mid bands react dynamically to the signal.
- Input and Output Gain controls for the entire signal path (+/-24dB), and plugin bypass.
- Metering switchable to input or output.
- Simultaneously boost and cut the low shelf to create 'that' low-mid scoop on bass tracks.
- De-ess vocals or de-harsh overheads by engaging dynamic attenuation and tuning the high-mid band.
- Add air to signals with the high shelf filter, and 'scoop' the high-mids using a 'high-end trick'.
- Get control over the 'nose' of bass tracks with dynamic attenuation of the Low Mid and High Mid bands.
- Subtly EQ a whole mix or bus using light settings and mild compression.
Price: $59.99 (VST, Audio Units and AAX plugin) and $19.99 (iOS). There is and introductory price of $29.99 (VST, Audio Units and AAX plugin) and $9.99 (iOS). A demo is available, with timed audio drop-outs until a serial number is entered.