Kuassa has announced the release of the newest addition to the Efektor Pedal Effect Series. CP3603 Compressor is now available for purchase for the Holiday/Intro Sale price of $19 (normal price $25, ends January 1st, 2018). Available for both VST/VST3/Audio Unit/AAX plug-ins as well as Propellerhead's Rack Extension format.
Efektor CP3603 Compressor is the result from endless research of many compressor pedals, with many characteristics. Kuassa narrowed down everything into one unit that can represent many other compressor pedals in a straightforward package.
Guitar players. Bass players. They are the same. They love long sustaining notes. A Compressor is the one thing that should help with that desire. It is an effect that not always sounds too obvious, but when taken away, it will be missed. A compressor will suppress the loudest part of the incoming audio signal, based on the specified threshold. Following the 'compression', it will increase the softer signal, narrowing the dynamic range thus delivering a more consistent overall level. Although this unit is designed specifically for guitar and bass players, you can of course use it on any other instruments as well.
There are three types of compression style in this unit:
- VCA: "Voltage Controlled Amplifier". It's fast, modern, and sounds very clean.
- FET: "Field Effect Transistor". Known for its aggressive behavior and also adds distinct color to the resulting sound.
- OPTO: "Optical". It has the slowest reaction, but gives more characteristics and tightness to the result.
- Faithful hardware pedal effects emulation.
- Three types of compression style.
- Linked or dual-mono mode.
- Bypass switch button.