KV331 Audio has announced a major update for their wavetable synthesizer SynthMaster One.
This update brings the following new features to SynthMaster One:
- White Skin by Satyatunes: The new white skin by Satyatunes is available in various sizes, ranging from 80% to 200%.
- New Factory Presets: SynthMaster One v1.3 comes with 200 new factory presets by Brian Transeau, Kurt Ader and Luke Neptune
- New Scales: SynthMaster One v1.3 comes with rich scale library, ranging from 5 tone equal tempered to 12 tone alternate-tuning scales.
- Cloud based cross-platform data synchronization: With the new cloud features, users can now synchronize their SynthMaster One related data (presets, waveforms, samples, favourites, MIDI programs) on multiple machines/platforms and share their presets with other SynthMaster One users.
- New Envelope Types: SynthMaster One comes with 3 new envelope types: Digital, Profat and Oobee. Digital is the default algorithm in SynthMaster, whereas Profat and Oobee are new algorithms modelled after two well-known analog synthesizers.
- Improved microtuning: Users can now set the keyboard mapping of the current scale to either "fill octave" or "consecutive". The piano display highlights the notes of the scale. Under settings tab, the scale root note and A4 reference frequency can be adjusted.
- Custom preset attributes/styles: Users can now add custom attributes or styles for the presets they create:
- Editing MIDI Banks and Programs: Users can now edit MIDI Bank/Program assignments by launching the "MIDI Banks and Programs" dialog.
- Filtering Presets by Last Modified Date: Users can now filter presets by their last modification date. 4 filters are provided: 1. Show All, 2. Last 24 hours, 3. Last 7 days, 4. Last 30 days.
There are also critical bug fixes in this update:
- When a noise type is selected for the sub oscillator, it might crash SynthMaster One after closing/reopening the plugin window.
- Locking synth sections doesn't work correctly.
- Some factory presets display "Missing Waveforms" dialog.
- When a mono preset plays initially, SynthMaster doesn't initialize variables causing crashes.
- When modulations are cleared/removed for a knob/slider control, the control still displays modulation ring around it.
- When a section is copied and pasted, modulation matrix entries are reset incorrectly.
- On Windows, UI drawing takes too much CPU cycles resulting in poor performance.
Registered SynthMaster One users can download this update at:
Demo users of SynthMaster One can download this update at: