With the KVR Developer Challenge 2018 at the download and voting stage it's time to focus on each of the 26 entries that are available now, for free, for everyone.
Gogodze Phu Vol II is a set of acoustic drum samples which can go from lo-fi to hi-fi. The sound is inspired by the dirty drums on Kim Jung Mi's 1973 album "Now", but the controls also offer the choice of greater clarity.
- Kick, snare, hi-hat and three toms.
- Heavily dampened drums for a short, cutting sound.
- Hi-hat with five degrees of openness plus foot chiks.
- All kit pieces recorded with the same seven microphones.
- Fidelity control for setting the microphone phase alignment.
- Mixes ranging from one mic for the entire kit to all seven.
- Four mic mix in the classic Glyn Johns setup.
- Additional controls for kick dirt, snare fat, hi-hat trash and tom thud.
- 1701 total WAV samples, over 400 MB extracted.
Download, vote & donate at www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2018
If you haven't read it already, you should check out the KVRDC16 winner's story: Winning the KVR Developer Challenge: An interview with Julijan Nikolic (Youlean)