Light and Sound has released version 1.5 of Chamber Strings, a detailed and flexible chamber string library for Kontakt (6,5,3,3,1) recorded by recording engineer, Debbie Smith, at Windmill Lane, Dublin.
Light and Sound say "Windmill Lane is a uniquely wonderful scoring stage, used on many orchestral, film and TV projects. Utilising the dryness of the room, Light and Sound libraries feature multiple mic positions with natural air absorption. In line with the Light and Sound philosophy which celebrates maximum flexibility, the sound can be shaped more freely than with samples recorded in a more ambient environment."
To recreate the natural bleed of a real recording environment, the close mics of all sections were left open and set at their natural panning and levels while recording each instrument section. The "Bleeds" mic adds a unique and realistic flavour to mockups and compositions.
For harnessing ultimate control over the timbre of all Light and Sound instruments, the "Split Slider" is a new feature which intelligently morphs the crossfading between dynamic layers in real time.
- Recorded in situ.
- Recorded at Studio 1, Windmill Lane by Debbie Smith.
- True Legato samples.
- 7 mic positions (Decca, Sides, Rears, XY, Close Ribbon, Bleeds, Close Leader).
- Longs recorded with natural dynamic movement.
- Included Room Tone patch.
- Over 30,000 samples.
- Edited from over 300GB of source material.
- Recorded at 96kHz 24-bit and delivered at 48kHz 24-bit ncw.