Mastering The Mix has teamed up with plugin developer 29 Palms to create a plugin that they say will help producers get a technically excellent final mix.
Here's what they say: "In a world where metering plugins are mostly unintuitive and uninteresting, we set out to create something that people wanted to use. A faultlessly accurate tool with engaging yet unobtrusive visuals. We present to you, 'Levels'."
The home display has four sections labelled Headroom, Stereo Field, Dynamic Range and Bass Space. Levels assesses your audio as it passes through. If there are no issues with your mix, the sections will glow green. If there is an aspect of your mix that needs to be fixed, the section will glow red. The four section icons are clickable and open up a new dedicated central display. These dedicated displays give you a relevant insight into the technical details of your mix.
Try it for free at www.masteringthemix.com/products/levels. The free trial lasts 15 days, no credit card details required.
- Mono and left / right speaker select.
- True Peak meter.
- Sample Peak Programme meter.
- EBU R128 compliant integrated and short term LUFS meters.
- Low pass filter on vectorscope to visualise low frequencies.
- Dynamic Range display based on reliable Short Term LUFS to peak ratio.
- Bass Space section that identifies if any channels are outputting unwanted low frequencies.
- Presets and adjustable settings.
Price: £69. Levels is available in VST, VST3, Audio Units and AAX formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit).
- Mac OS X: OS X 10.8 or higher. 32-bit or 64-bit AU, VST 2/3 or AAX host.
- Windows: Windows 7, 8 or 10. 32-bit or 64-bit VST 2/3 or AAX host.