Matthieu Brucher has announced the release of ATKTransientShaper, a free plug-in for Mac OS X (10.11) and Windows to process transients.
The plugin has the following parameters:
- RMS is the size of the power power windows.
- Attack is the attack time constant for the slow attack/release filter.
- Attack fraction (or ratio) is the percentage of the attack time constant that will be used for the fast attack/release filter.
- Release is the release time constraint for the fast attack/release filter (as the release time has to be higher).
- Release fraction (or ratio) is the percentage of the release time constant that will be used for the slow attack/release filter (as it has a faster release time constant).
- Slope is the ratio, 1 being the identity, higher than 1 compressing the transient, less than 1 swelling it.
- Softness is an indicator of the harshness of the knee of the underlying compressor.
- Color is an indicator of the color around the threshold: positive increases the gain around it, negative decreases it.
- Quality is the amount of color.
- Make-up is the gain after the effect.
- Dry-wet gives the balance between the unprocessed signal and the processed signal.