Mercuriall Audio Software has announced a new plug-in called Spark.
Spark is a VST/AU/AAX plugin that models four Marshall tube amplifiers, four guitar cabinets, four overdrive pedals and a set of the most common spatial effects. Spark is a tube push-pull power amplifier that works with a reactive load (guitar cabinet), with negative feedback and electric feed chains. This allowed Mercuriall to design a power amp saturation (thought to be important for the majority of the Marshall-based amps), realistic work of the Presence knob and made possible to take into account the influence of the output and power transformers.
Apart from the positioning of microphones, there is now an option to mix sound from two mics, and there are four cabs and three microphones at the user's disposal.
Despite the fact that Spark is an amp and cab sim above all, Mercuriall gave a lot of attention to an FX section. There is a Noise Gate at the input, as well as a number of pedals: there are currently four overdrives, implemented with our proprietary technology of the electric chain modeling. As for the spatial effects - there are Chorus, Delay and Reverb.
All primary actions require just a single click.
- Based on Marshall AFD (four channels).
- Based on Marshall JCM 800 (two channels).
- Based on Marshall JMP Super Lead (two channels) with Master Mod.
- Based on Marshall JMP Super Bass (two channels) with Master Mod.
- Tubes: 12AX7 RCA, 12AX7 RSD; 6L6GC, EL34.
- Based on Bogner Uberkab 412 - 4x12 Celestion G12T-75.
- Based on Bogner Uberkab 412 - 4x12 Celestion V30s.
- Based on Marshall 1960B - 4x12 Greenback.
- Based on Marshall 1960B - 4x12 JBL K120 (vintage).
- Microphones: Shure SM57, Sennheiser MD441, Royer R121.
Pedals and FX section:
- Noise Gate.
- Based on Ibanez TS-808.
- Based on Ibanez TS-808 Lower Drive Mod.
- Based on Ibanez TS-7 Hot.
- Based MESA/BOOGIE Grid Slammer.
- Stereo Chorus.
- Stereo Delay.
- Stereo Reverb.
- Oversampling: no, x2, x4, x8.
- Samplerate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96.
Price: TBD Spark is planned to be released in Q4 2016.