Merging Technologies has announced the release of version 6.1 of Pyramix along with the first release of Ovation, its new Media Server & Sequencer application. Vcube has also been updated to v2.1. This is the first synchronized triple release of Merging's products.
Pyramix v6.1 is available as a free upgrade for all current Pyramix v6.0 users. This version has many new features, improvements and bug fixes. It also comes with a new MassCore version that supports Pyramix MassCore under Vista SP1 & SP2.
Pyramix v6.1 Highlights:
- New MassCore version that supports Pyramix MassCore under Vista SP1 & SP2.
- Waveforms generation while recording support for all media handlers (BWF, WAV, AIFF, SD2, DSDIFF, etc.).
- Waveforms instant drawing during recording.
- Waveforms Background Generator utility.
- New Safe Record mode.
- Mixer: New Sub Group Auxes Management.
- Mixer: New Direct Monitoring Strips (for lowest latency roundtrip Live-In to Live-Out to talent/musician).
- Mixer: Strip New Peak Logger.
- New Global status button for Solo, Mute and Overload.
- New MT ASIO Bridge i/o (ASIO application's output may be merged into Merging's MassCore engine and I/O).
- Microsoft DirectShow technology support in ingest (compressed audio files: MP3, WMA, AAC, ...).
- Authoring: Convert Text Markers to CD Disc.
- Authoring: Cue sheet export in Generate CD Image Dialog.
- ADR improvements.
- Record control over SonyP2 improvement.
- New on the fly media Sampling Rate Conversion option.
- Project Wizard new option to "Load a Template".
- Automation improvements.
- Playback performance improvements.
- Memory and save improvements.
- Libraries improvements.
- DMA Load improvements.
- Workflow performance improvements. Timeline editing and project save time will be faster.
- Algorithmix ReNOVAtor reliability improvements and better memory handling (visit http://www.algorithmix.com for latest version).
- ...and much more.
Ovation is a Media Server and Sequencer with the tools you need to produce and run shows in many spheres of activity. For example: Theatres, Theme Parks, Museums, TV Game Shows, Trade Shows, AV Presentations, Radio stations, Retail Outlets and Film Festivals.
Ovation enables the user to run Cues of many Media and Command types, either manually like a spot player / cartridge machine or automatically against Run-time, Time-of-day or external LTC or MIDI TimeCode. The Ovation Sequencer can be controlled from a hardware controller, touch screens, GPIs, Sony 9-pin (P2) Protocol commands and MIDI. Ovation currently consists of three modules, the OVPlayer, OV Controller and the OVSequence Designer / Show Controller. OVPlayer and OV Controller can be embedded into the main Ovation application, or run stand-alone on the same machine or any machine accessible on the network. By default the embedded player is enabled. For many applications the optional Ovation hardware controller will be highly desirable.
VCube 2.1 is a free upgrade for all our current VCube 2.0 users. This version includes new features, improvements and bug fixes.