MIND Music Labs is presenting its ultra-low latency Music Operating System at NAMM 2018.
ELK - this is the name of the technology - is an operating system for musical instruments, designed for optimal audio performance and seamless connectivity.
Musical Instruments Powered by ELK allow musicians to:
- Add new sounds and features to their instruments via online upgrades.
- Easily connect their instruments to mobiles, computers and to the broader Internet.
- Instantly share their performances online.
ELK also allows software developers to easily release software, sounds and effects originally developed for computer environments on Powered by ELK musical instruments.
Key technical features:
- Ultra-low latency (1ms round-trip).
- Linux-based, using single Intel & ARM CPUs.
- Support for JUCE and VST 2.x and 3.x plugins.
- Natively connected (USB, WiFi, BT, 4G).
- Full MIDI support.
"ELK is the evolution musical instruments have been waiting for a long time, and is ready to disrupt the musical instruments world in the same way Android disrupted the mobile world ten years ago." is how Michele Benincaso, CEO of MIND Music Labs, announces ELK's release.
ELK's capabilities will be demoed live at NAMM (booth 14026) in collaboration with DVMark, MarkBass and Overloud (TH-U) (booth 5044), the first brands that will support ELK in their new products.