Monocasual Laboratories has released Giada 0.16.2 "Realm of Magic" for Linux, Windows and macOS.
This version features a new library for reading JSON projects and configuration files, a new version of RtAudio that fixes some annoying errors on Linux, significant code clean-ups and optimizations, ability to vertically resize channels, as well as many minor user-interface improvements that will make for a better user experience.
- Switch to JSON for modern C++ library for reading and writing JSON data.
- Resizable channels, improved version.
- Drop support for raw patches (still readable for backward compatibility).
- Simplify global configuration parameters.
- Simplify column data storage in patch files.
- Center all micro-subwindows to screen.
- Revamped MIDI learning algorithm and related UI components.
- Always display 'R' button in Sample Channel.
- Don't download external files for unit tests.
- Optimized UI drawings for base buttons.
- Move build info from 'About' window to console log.
- Update RtAudio to 5.1.0.
- Fix crash during audio recording after opening a project.