Inspired by rock drum mixes popularized in the 60's and 70's, Musical Sampling has announced the release of Boutique Drums "Penny" for Kontakt.
This drum library was created with drummer Brian Scoggin (Casting Crowns) who has curated a kit comprised of boutique drum pieces - recorded at Hey Hey Studios in Griffin, Georgia. They also covered the toms and snare with cloth to dampen the decay/ring-out -- resulting in a tight drum sound.
To address the calling for simplicity, Musical Sampling created a single-page interface that offers a fast and intuitive way to develop customized drum mixes. They have included eight different "baked-in" mix presets that were designed to not only work on their own, but are completely interchangeable between the different drum groups.
- Interface designed to be simple.
- Toms and snare drums covered with cloth.
- Eight "baked-in" mix presets that are interchangeable between different drum groups.
- Kit includes kick, snare, snare ghost rolls, cross sticks, rimshots, five hi-hat state multisamples, six hi-hat state grooves, crossfade-able hi-hat grooves, hi-hat chicks, three toms, ride cymbal (with crash), ride bell and a two crash cymbals.
- Repetition sampling for all toms/hi-hat multisamples.
- Live eighth-note hi-hat grooves recorded at 90/120/140 BPM that sync to your DAW's tempo.
- Crossfade-able hi-hat grooves (fades between six different hi-hat states; from tight to all-open).
- Groove Speed control (Half/Normal/Double).
- Adjustable humanization feature (Off/Tight/Natural/Loose).
- Volume control for each drum group.
- Assignable Kontakt outputs for each drum group.
- Recorded in 48kHz/24-bit.
- 7.2 GB compressed NCW format.
- Compatible with Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher (requires full retail version of Kontakt).
- Receive watermarked product by Continuata Connect downloader.
Price: $39 until November 4th (Reg. $99).
Penny Playthrough: YouTube.com/watch?v=PADuT-cSRV4