Native Instruments has updated Kontakt to v5.7. This update adds three new guitar amp models and two additional distortion effects. Kontakt 5.7 also adds enhancements for instrument builders – including two for UI-authoring – and fixes some bugs.
- There are now three new guitar amplifier models available: AC Box, Hot Solo and Van 51.
- There are now two new distortion effects available: Cat and DStortion.
- KSP UI widgets can now be explicitly placed on one of three layers on the z axis ($CONTROL_PAR_Z_LAYER).
- The KSP waveform UI widget can now be styled (color and transparency of its separate components).
- Effect parameters that are represented as buttons or dropdown menus are now available through KSP.
- Every KSP runtime warning now includes the line number of its source.
- The Add Library button has now been renamed to Manage Library.
- KSP: num_elements () now works with ui_xy arrays.
- CPU profiling mode is now reliable.
- Text selection in Expert tab is now visible.
- Nested dropdown menus would stop working under certain circumstances.
- In certain cases, Kontakt would take longer than usual to close if Usage Data tracking was enabled.
- Kontakt would crash when longer samples were used with the Tone Machine.
- Certain NKIs with many automation assignments would cause the system to noticeably slow down.
- KSP switches would sometimes not show the correct sprite frame when in hover state.
- Certain DAWs would freeze when attempting to duplicate a track with Kontakt.
- In certain cases, Kontakt would crash when loading an NKI when another NKI was in Edit view.
- Kontakt would crash when attempting to declare PGS keys in multiscripts.
- Additional languages documentation is not up to date (English application reference and KSP reference were updated to version 5.7).