Back in June 2011 Niall Moody released Pedalboard2, a VST and AudioUnit plug-in host designed for live use. It is a re-invention of Niall's Pedal Board, originally released in 2004. Niall has just updated Pedalboard2 to v2.03.
Pedalboard2 Key Features:
- Modular patching.
- All plug-in parameters can be manipulated in real time via MIDI CCs or Open Sound Control messages.
- Any number of patches can be queued up and rapidly switched.
Changes in v2.03:
- Drag and drop loading of.pdl files.
- Drag and drop loading of plug-in files (.dll,.vst,.component).
- Set FilePlayer's Sync to Main Transport button correctly on creation.
- Saving an existing patch should no longer open the save as... dialog.
- Dragging a PluginComponent outside the PluginField's bounds scrolls the viewport.
- Fixed MIDI Input only accepting messages from the default device; now messages from any devices ticked in the Audio Settings dialog will be available.
- Special case fix for VAZ+, since it doesn't like being put in a resizable window.
- Basic OSC learn functionality; the app remembers every OSC address it's been sent since it was started, and gives the user a combobox list of them.
- Added the same OSC learn functionality to application mappings window.
- Fixed memory leak in the mappings managers.
- Larger hit test area for plug-in pins (big enough now?).
- Fixed plug-ins disappearing off the top left of the screen if you dragged them and changed patch.
- Made AudioFormatManager and AudioThumbnailCache singletons to simplify things (not ideal, but the alternative would be an enormous pain in the bum).
- Added Audio Recorder component.
- Use same stored folder for AudioRecorder as for FilePlayer.
Changes in v2.02:
- Load pdl files from the command line.
Changes in v2.01:
- Display the current computer's IP address in the about window.
- Add Trigger parameter to File Player (to allow drum machine-style playing).
- Make OSC mapping address text editor not require a return keypress.
- Draw dragged connections centred on the mouse pointer.
- Update PluginField bounds when a processor is moved outside them.
- Made Level processor stereo.
- VU Meter processor.
- Ability to double-click a processor's title bar to change its name.
- Give pins a larger hit test radius when dragging a connection.
- Make sure 'Override plug-in's MIDI...' button state persists after closing the window.
- Update to JUCE v1.54.27.
- OSX Version.