Filter Research 3 is Nucleus SoundLab's third product in their series of effects ReFills and is packed full of effects that Nucleus SoundLab say are not only useful production tools, but are often musically inspirational as well. It has been built from the ground up for Reason 6, with every single Combinator using at least one Reason 6 effect device - which are of course Pulveriser, The Echo and Alligator. Also new to Filter Research 3, all patches now feature unique modulation mapping for the Pitch-Bend Wheel. That is in addition to unique mappings for all four Combinator Rotaries, Buttons and the Modwheel.
Filter Research 3's standard Combinators are a varied selection that run the sonic gamut from MIDI-triggered delays, psychotic beat repeaters, guitar amp multi-FX, tuned resonators, as well as subtle production-ready EQ and Saturation patches. But the centerpiece is the Epic Combinators - six patches by Jeremy Janzen. Each Epic Combinator is outfitted with up to 24 macro rotaries in order to give the best possible control experience, while maintaining an elegant simplicity that anyone can take advantage of. Over sixty minutes of video documentation is included describing how to get the most out of all six patches.
- 200 effect Combinators included.
- 6 Epic Combinators - including 60+ minutes of HD video documentation.
- Each patch uses a at least one new Reason 6 effect device - Pulveriser, The Echo and Alligator.
- Each Combinator has all 4 rotaries/buttons uniquely assigned - as well as the Pitch-Bend / Mod-wheel.
- All Combinators created from scratch.
- 130+ page PDF manual describing each Combinator in-depth.
- Requires Reason 6+.
Filter Research is available for purchase now for $49 CAD.
Filter Research 3 ReFill Contest
Nucleus SoundLab is also running a contest to win Filter Research 3. Anyone can enter. The free ReFill will be drawn May 15th, 2012. More information is available at the contest page.