Numerical Audio has released Agonizer, a Monophonic Bass Synth for iOS.
Designed in close collaboration with Jakob Haq of haQ attaQ, Agonizer puts a focus on delivering deep and dirty bass sounds ranging from classic drum n bass inspired sounds all the way to heavily modulated modern sounds.
Built around a pair of wavetable oscillators complete with 40+ wavetables, the ability to morph between waveforms as well as cross modulation between the two oscillators, Agonizer has a wide range of timbres on offer. In addition, a dedicated "Mangle" section including pre-filter drive, bit crush, lift and push controls to allow for further sound sculpting before a virtual analog ladder filter takes over to tame the sound in a musically pleasing way.
In terms of modulation, Agonizer comes with a highly tweak-able sequenced modulator dubbed the "wobulator" allowing for quick and easy creation of rhythmically modulated bass and lead lines. In addition, there is one key and tempo sync-able LFO as well as a standard ADSR and one variable slope AD envelope.
Modulation can be applied to almost anything simply by long pressing a control and dialling in the desired amount for one or more of the 12 available modulation sources.
Agonizer includes a stereo chorus and delay, both being voiced in a way that accentuates bass sounds without turning things into a muddy mess.
Of course Agonizer supports the Audio Unit V3 standard making it possible to load multiple instances into any DAW that supports AUv3. In addition, Audiobus 3, Inter-App Audio, USB Audio/MIDI, Bluetooth MIDI and Ableton Link are all supported as well.
- Dual Wavetable Oscillators with 40+ Wavetables, Morphing & X-Mod.
- Dedicated Sub OSC & Noise Source.
- Mangle Section with pre-filter Drive, Bitcrush, Lift and Push controls.
- VA Ladder filter.
- Wobulator (Highly tweak-able Sequenced LFO).
- LFO with Key and BPM Sync.
- Variable Slope AD & ADSR Envelopes.
- Valve emulation based master drive.
- 2x stereo effect units.
- Vintage Chorus.
- Digital Delay.
- Factory bank including 140+ presets designed by Jakob Haq.
- Preset Management with Templates & Categories.
- Shared User Presets between Standalone and AUv3 versions.
- Preset Export & Import.
- AUv3 Instrument.
- Inter-App Audio Instrument.
- Audiobus Instrument.
Agonizer for iPad is available from the Apple App Store for $9.99 (into price) until November 18th, 2020, and regularly sells for $19.99.