Particle Sound has announced their Carbon series of Kontakt formatted classic synthesizer instruments with the release of JNO I, featuring 477MB of lovingly sampled sounds from the Roland Juno 106 arranged into 30 fully tagged .nki based presets. These include full original sounds that offer such features as filter sweeps, modulation and release samples designed to capture the unique qualities of the original instrument.
The Carbon interface is based on a dual layer design with linkable sections. Each layer offers a selection of 6 sampled waves and/or multi-samples with sample start point modulation, an additional noise source and a multimode filter. A complement of 2 full envelopes, 1 attack/release envelope and 2 LFOs are available and can be assigned to a variety of internal parameters. Each layer also includes it's own controller section where 2 assignable parameters can be controlled in varying amounts by a single knob for easy mod-wheel or aftertouch assignments. A global FX section rounds out the interface with access to up to 6 simultaneous effects for the final polish.
- 477MB (uncompressed) of 24-bit samples from the Juno 106.
- Includes fully sampled patches as well as individual waveforms and noise.
- Intuitive dual layer interface with individually linkable sections.
- Each layer offers mixable noise and start point modulation with a choice of 6 sampled waves and/or multi-samples.
- 1 AHDSR, 1 ADSR, 1 AR and 2 LFOs.
- Selectable LP, HP, or Notch filters and an assignable controller section.
- Global sample shift and scaling accuracy sliders.
- Global FX section with up to 6 simultaneous effects.
- Full version of Kontakt 184.108.40.206 or later.
- 482MB of free hard drive space.
Price: $10. It is a free download until February 19th.