At Summer NAMM 2008 Peavey has announced the release of ReValver Mk III, the 64-bit amplifier modeling software that captures the true characteristics of vacuum tubes while allowing users "unprecedented control" over their tonality and gain structures.
ReValver Mk III models 15 of the world's most popular guitar amplifiers, including several Peavey amps, through an exclusive algorithm that analyzes the interactions of the components on the circuit level, based on the amps' original schematics. By controlling these amplifier models from the component level, ReValver is able to model every nuance with amazing accuracy, creating totally new capabilities where adventurous players can design their ultimate custom amps and speaker systems.
As advanced as ReValver's modeling algorithms are, operating the models can be as simple or in-depth as the user desires. The software GUI is instantly familiar and easy to use, with a drag-and-drop interface where users can add and subtract individual components and devices such as amplifiers, preamps, power amps, stomp boxes and effects.
Unlocking ReValver's customization tools is also easy. By right-clicking on an amp model, users can "go inside" and adjust the amp's tones and components on the Tweak Module GUI. This allows users to change, add or subtract tubes on all amplifier models, and then calibrate even the voltage parameters of those tubes. In all, users can program more than 15 features on each tube stage, with as many as 17 preamp and power tube types to choose from.
ReValver Mk III also features a robust stomp-box and effects section including various types of chorus, distortion, wah, tremolo, compression, limiter, delay, octaver and much more. A new FFT-based convolution reverb allows for very complex and smooth reverbs, including sampled spring reverb, and allows users to import their own .WAV samples. Models of Peavey 6505, JSX, Classic, ValveKing and Triple XXX guitar amps are available in ReValver in software format.
- 15 amp models, including Peavey 6505, JSX, Classic, ValveKing and Triple XXX.
- Modules in amp head, preamp and power amp formats.
- Two operation modes, with 64-bit and oversampling in HQ mode for hi-fi fanatics.
- FFT based convolution reverb, including sampled spring reverb.
- More than 150 speaker samples using real-time convolution and membrane modeling.
- Algorithm improvements from Mk II to enhance realism, especially in the tube and transformer simulation.
- Standard Tuner and Simul-Tuner with six independent tuners for tuning to presets.
- Mac Requirements: 1 GHz CPU; 512 MB RAM; 1024x768 screen resolution; VST/AU host or sound card.
- Windows Requirements: 1 GHz CPU; 512 MB RAM; 1024x768 screen resolution; VST host or ASIO/WDM sound card.
Pricing & Availability
With an MSRP of $299.99 Peavey ReValver Mk III is available now from authorized Peavey retailers.