Planet-H has updated G-Stomper Producer for Android to v188.8.131.52. This update is the second and last part of a major overhaul of the Timing & Measure section.
Improved Time Signature Wizard:
The Time Signature Wizard offers a number of predefined musical Time Signatures (such as 3/4, 5/4, 12/8, etc.) to choose from. All you have to do is to select a Time Signature, and the Wizard automatically assigns the correct settings for you.
The Time Signature display on the other hand shows the musical Time Signature that corresponds with the Step Timing, the Steps per Bar, and the Length in Bars. To show you the Time Signature interpretation that makes the most sense, it uses a combination of tradition, common usage, and the technical specification.
12 Step Timings:
The Step Timing defines the Note value (duration) of each Step:
- 8 > 2 Steps per Beat, 1 Step = 8th Note.
- 8T > 3 Steps per Beat, 1 Step = 12th Note = 8th Note Triplet.
- 16 > 4 Steps per Beat, 1 Step = 16th Note.
- 16Q > 5 Steps per Beat, 1 Step = 20th Note = 16th Note Quintuplet.
- 16T > 6 Steps per Beat, 1 Step = 24th Note = 16th Note Triplet.
- 16S > 7 Steps per Beat, 1 Step = 28th Note = 16th Note Septuplet.
- 32 > 8 Steps per Beat, 1 Step = 32nd Note.
- 32N > 9 Steps per Beat, 1 Step = 36th Note = 32nd Note Nonuplet.
- 32Q > 10 Steps per Beat, 1 Step = 40th Note = 32nd Note Quintuplet.
- 32U > 11 Steps per Beat, 1 Step = 44th Note = 32nd Note Undecuplet.
- 32T > 12 Steps per Beat, 1 Step = 48th Note = 32nd Note Triplet.
- 64 > 16 Steps per Beat, 1 Step = 64th Note.
Changing the Step Timing automatically changes the available number of Swing affected
Steps in the Swing/Shuffle controls.
Up to 12 Swing affected Steps per Beat:
The Swing affected Steps allow you to customize the Swing Quantization.
By default (with Step Timing = 16th), every 2nd and 4th Step is affected by the Swing, which is in fact a classic Shuffle. You can turn the 2nd, 3rd, 4th Step ON/OFF to change the Swing affected Steps.
The available number of Swing affected Steps depends on the selected Step Timing:
- 8 > 2nd.
- 8T > 2nd – 3rd.
- 16 > 2nd – 4th.
- 16Q > 2nd – 5th.
- 16T > 2nd – 6th.
- 16S > 2nd – 7th.
- 32 > 2nd – 8th.
- 32N > 2nd – 9th.
- 32Q > 2nd – 10th.
- 32U > 2nd – 11th.
- 32T > 2nd – 12th.
- 64 > 2nd – 8th (duplicated on 9th – 16th).
Updated User Manual:
- Timing & Measure: Overhaul of the Time Signature handling (special thanks to Jon for his help).
- The Time Signature Wizard now correctly creates Triplet beats for 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8, and so on.
- The detected Time Signature on the display now reflects the selected timing parameters correctly.
- Demo Project "G-Stomper-Studio-Time-Signatures-Demo" updated.
- Updated User Manual.
For further details check out the KVR Audio Product Page.
G-Stomper Studio, G-Stomper Rhythm, and G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer have been updated to v184.108.40.206 with the same Timing features.