Puremagnetik has released Foomph, a deep drum synthesizer designed for detailed bass drum sculpting. It can be used as a standalone drum voice but is also ideal for low frequency support and drum replacement on existing recordings.
The synthesis section is divided into two sound engines allowing you to sculpt its tonal balance from purely electronic to acoustic bass drums. Additionally, you can create hybrid drums that classic drum machines lack. For instance, you can create an 808-style sustain portion with an acoustic-style beater attack.
Foomph has been specifically tailored to deliver only musical results. With a dedicated set of macro controls, all parameter dependencies have been programmed under the hood. That means, no matter how you tweak the controls, you will always get a musical drum sound.
- Individual sound engines for attack and sustain waveforms.
- Fine-tuning of the transient character.
- Macro controls designed for drum sculpting - get only musical results.
- Integrates into any VST / Audio Units compatible host.
- Includes a collection of factory presets.
Foomph is currently offered as part of Puremagnetik's Spark subscription for $8 per month. After one month it will become back-cataloged for a la carte purchase at $20 USD.
- OS X 10.8 or Windows 10 x64.
- Audio Units or VST compatible audio host.