Purgatory Creek Soundware has released the Tine Collection and Reed Collection for Native Instruments Kontakt. The libraries feature classic electro-mechanical instruments such as the Mark I and 200a as well as the rare Sparkletop, 140b and Pianet N from the 1960s. Highly detailed samples, incorporating as many as 20 velocity layers plus release samples are included.
Tine Collection ($29):
- Sparkletop - rare model from the 1960s.
- Mark I - 1975 marked the golden era for these tine pianos.
- Mark II – 1980 was the height of popularity.
- Mark V - final production model with numerous enhancements.
Reed Collection ($29):
- Reed EP 200a – most popular model from the 1970s.
- Reed EP 140b – Rare find from the 1960s possessing a warm, funky tone.
- Pianet N – Another rare instrument made famous on numerous recordings.
- Pianet T – Very portable instrument with a unique, intimate sound.
- Four classic electro-mechanical instruments in each collection.
- Instruments are deeply sampled covering the entire tonal range and for full duration so you will hear neither loops nor artificial envelope decays.
- Release samples with level control.
- Velocity response setting allowing the user to tailor the instrument to their playing style and controller keyboard action.
- Includes standard effects such as stereo vibrato, phaser and amp/speakers.
Instruments can be purchased individually for $10.