Re-Compose has announced Spexx, a powerful audio effects plug-in featuring two processing stages and seven individual effects for interactive spectral manipulations of an audio signal. It's available for pre-order until December 5, 2018, at a reduced price of €47 / $49 (30% off) with release planned by end of the year.
Spexx is designed to deeply engage with audio: it not only creates distortion but all kinds of experimental effects you can think of. This makes it a versatile tool for sound designers, musicians, EDM producers, and others.
Feel like creating a great sounding reverb? Some weird spectral distortions? How about some unique sound the world hasn't heard yet? Explore possibilities by just playing around or use the included materials to dive deeper into some predefined options.
All the effects have been designed for being simple, yet freely combinable in a modular fashion. Each effect has been engineered for very smooth sound manipulation, a maximum of tonal shaping ability and optimum performance without sacrificing usability.
Multi-core support guarantees glitch-free real-time performance even for demanding projects. Gain compensation and IN/OUT trim controls ensure there is no signal clipping.
Presets from numerous artists help you get started. Partnerships with those artists provide for an expanding library of materials encompassing a number of genres and techniques.
- Simple and intuitive user interface designed for maximum interactivity.
- Unique mathematical algorithms for highest possible sound quality.
- Large window for display of the generated output signal.
- Two processing stages (freeze, output) and seven individual effects (Focus, Feaze, Decay, Damping, Mirror, Pitch, and Slope).
- Effects freely combinable in a modular fashion (via drag & drop within the processing chain).
- Bypassing of the freeze stage to apply the output effects directly to the incoming sound.
- Floating interactive panel with controls for selected preset.
- Input and output gain controls.
- Reset button to restart accumulator.
- Various parameters for the definition of spectral resolution.
- Audio effects plug-in, supporting VST, VST 3 and AU standard (32- and 64-bit-compatible).
- Multi-core support for glitch-free real-time performance.