Resomonics has released another big update to its flagship library for Kontakt, Reflection.
Version 1.6 is free for existing owners and contains a major update to the Rhythm section, now allowing you to have different LFOs and filter sequences for each of the 3 layers. The send effects have been updated as well and now include independent send levels for each layer. To help with designing sounds, a Mini Mixer has been introduced to the Rhythm and Effects pages. There are also 84 new designed presets included taking the total to 375.
Here is a full breakdown of what is new:
- Separate Source LFOs for each of the 3 layers (Gain, Pan & Pitch).
- Separate Pre-FX Filter & Filter LFOs for each layer.
- Pre-FX Filter sequencer can now be enabled separately for each layer.
- Different Filter Sequencer pattern per layer.
- Filter sequence pattern now 64 steps for smoother control.
- Send Effects now have a separate send level for each layer.
- 20 New Convolution IR's including Ambient Reflections, Reverse, Spacious & Rooms.
- Rhythm & Effects pages GUI's updated.
- Mini mixing tools added for easier sound design to Effects and Rhythm pages.
- New samples added from 2nd Toy Synth and 80's Drum Machine (now 967 samples).
- New Multi Rhythms / Pulses added taking advantage of separate LFO's.
- New Soundscape preset category added with new samples.
- New Ambient preset category using the new IR's.
- 84 New Designed Presets taking the total to 375.
- 12 New Starter patches taking the total to 96.
- Minor Bug Fixes.
To celebrate the release Reflection is now on sale for £37.46 + VAT (a 25% saving) until the end of April. It is available from Kontakt Hub: kontakthub.com/product/reflection
A new video shows a 10 minute overview of what is new in version 1.6, followed by a play through of some of the new patches: youtu.be/RakSnHcaugc
Audio examples are available here: SoundCloud.com/resomonics/sets/reflection-demo-tracks