Plasmonic combines the resonant depth of physical modeling with subtractive synthesis. The goal is for Plasmonic to approach the depth and detail of an acoustic instrument, while making it easy to shape the sound into anything you want. Its deep modulation capability and MPE support make it very playable and expressive.
The heart of Plasmonic is a self-oscillating delay-based waveguide/multimode ladder filter pair, which can be configured in parallel or in series. Each filter can take any combination of the audio sources as input. This creates some very interesting interactions between the audio source and feedback loop of the waveguide.
Audio sources include two wavetable oscillators, a sample-based impulse generator, and a filtered noise generator. Both oscillators have waveform transformations which nicely complement the waveguide. The impulse generator is especially suited for making the waveguide ring.
Modulation is deep and makes it easy to add detail and life to the sound. Each parameter has a popup panel displaying the depth, polarity and inversion of each modulation source, allowing unprecedented control.
The master section contains a 3-band EQ, a saturator which can be polyphonic or monophonic, modulated delay effects and a final resonator effect. Like the waveguide, the delay effects are capable of self-oscillation, which can lead to all kinds of sonic mayhem.
- 4 audio sources:
- 2 wavetable oscillators with dynamic wave transformations.
- A special impulse generator for making the waveguide ring.
- A noise generator with its own resonant lowpass filter.
- 2 interacting filters:
- A self-oscillating waveguide provides organic resonance.
- A multimode self-oscillating ladder filter: LP, HP, BP, 1, 2 and 4 pole.
- Each filter can take any combination of audio sources.
- Can be configured in series or parallel.
- Polyphonic saturation.
- Self-oscillating delay effects.
- Deep, precise modulation system.
- Multiple ADSR and LFOs with unique features.
- 6 configurable control macros.
- MPE support.
- NKS compatible.
- Resizable single-panel graphic interface.
- macOS: AU, VST 2 and 3, AAX, standalone, 64-bit.
- Windows: VST 2 and 3, AAX, standalone, 64-bit.
Plasmonic is currently under development, so features are continuously being added and improved. Please note that Rhizomatic are open to suggestions.
Plasmonic will be available spring 2020. Preorder now at a 33% discount on Rhizomatic's Indiegogo campaign.