The V8 plugins are modelled directly from the Rhodes MK8 hardware, with both drawing on over 30,000 samples across 100 velocity layers, for all the nuance and character of the definitive Rhodes piano.
Today also marks the start of Missing Keys, a competition to score a short film using the 45-day free trial of the plugin. The winner will take ownership of a bespoke Rhodes MK8 piano, while 19 runners-up will receive full versions of the Rhodes V8 plugin for life.
The V8 and V8 Pro software will be available to buy after the close of the competition on 1st March, 2023, with pricing starting at $179.95.
Rhodes V8 Specifications:
- Hyper-Real reproduction of the Rhodes MK8 electric piano.
- 30,000 samples across 100 velocity layers.
- Presets: load, save and recall entire instrument setups.
- Profiles: get the sound of older Rhodes models and artists' pianos.
- Preamp section with Volume, diode-based Drive and Low/High shelf gains.
- Pan dial for square wave panning modulation, Depth and Rate (syncable).
- Tuning control to fine-tune pitched globally.
- Alter and balance Mechanical Noise (hammers, dampers, cabinet sound).
- Global Timbre Shift control to emulate different pickup positioning.
- Velocity Curve and Depth to alter response to input note strength.
- Customise Pedal Noise Level and Init Velocity.
- VST2/VST3/AU/AAX instrument plugin for Mac and PC.
Rhodes V8 Pro Specifications
The V8 Pro has all the features of the V8, plus the following:
- Profiles are user editable and saveable.
- EQ Mid Band with Gain and Frequency controls.
- Envelope control from MK8 modulates mid band Frequency with amplitude.
- Full Vari-Pan circuit extending into audio rate for ring modulation effects.
- Choice of four waveshapes for Vari-Pan, plus Slew and Smooth modifiers.
- FX section from MK8 FX model, featuring Compressor, Chorus, Phaser and Delay
- VCA Compressor with Amount, Makeup and Threshold.
- BBD stereo Chorus with syncable Rate, Depth, plus Delay, Phase & Spread.
- VCA stereo Phaser with syncable Rate, Depth, plus Phase, Resonance & Spread.
- Delay (BBD) with syncable Time, Feedback, Mix, Tap Tempo, plus Ping Pong, Jitter & Spread.
- Setup page offers per-note editing of Timbre, Damping, Tuning and Level.
- Four-band Profile EQ affects overall instrument sound and character, can be saved within a Profile and switched without affecting front panel control settings.
- Amp/Cab simulation with choice of four classic options for Rhodes amping.
- Microphone simulation with realistic studio and stage pairings.
- MacOS: Catalina - Monterey (12.5); Intel and M1 supported, Rosetta and native.
- Windows: Windows 10 and 11.
- RAM: 8GB minimum.
- Free Disk Space: 25GB minimum.