Dryer Drum of DEATH is your average every day dryer which has been meticulously recorded and turned into 5 multi-sampled Kontakt instruments. Surprisingly, this library is geared toward building cinematic tension / suspense, creating eerie cinematic percussive ambiances, and helping to augment high octane action cues. There is even an included delay complete with built in step sequencer that tempo syncs to the host. The company intends this to be a great library for creating tensions.
Dryer Drum of DEATH features:
- 3 to 4 Velocity Layers for most samples.
- Multiple hits from a metal dryer (some sound-designed).
- Sample base is unlocked.
- Reverb pre-added for added epicness.
- Built in Kontakt delay arp that tempo syncs to host sequencer.
- Mod wheel controls the attack to get even more dynamic control.
5 Kontakt Instruments included:
- DryerDrumOf_Death: Load this patch first. This is the main patch of the library and has various multi-sampled hits (some with 3 to 4 velocity layers!). See manual keyboard mapping details.
- DryerDrumOf_8Bit_Death: A bit crushed extremely lo fi version of the main patch for sci-fi, OCR remixes, or horror tensions.
- DryerDrumOf_Actiony_Death: The delay is used to full effect here (and serves as a great example of what it is capable of). This patch is perfect for creating hi octane tensions or augmenting action cues. It has a higher type of percussion quality to its timbre.
- DryerDrumOf_LoFi_Death: Like the 8Bit death patch, but with more fidelity, more lower end, and some added distortion.
- DryerDrumOf_Metallic_Death: A version of the main library patch which has been mastered to have a more metallic timbre.
Pricing & Availability
Dryer Drum of DEATH is free. There is a link to donate via PayPal on the product page if users feel like they'll get some mileage from it. Requires full version of Kontakt 4.2.3+.