Riot Audio has released Baritone Guitar Washes, a versatile Kontakt instrument based on recordings of a baritone electric guitar with an aluminium neck custom made by Nude Guitars in collaboration with Italian ambient artist Eraldo Bernocchi.
At A Glance:
- Three-layer ambient guitar instrument running in Kontakt 5.8 and above (full version only).
- Source instrument: Custom Nude aluminium-neck baritone electric guitar owned by dark ambient artist Eraldo Bernocchi (Sigillum S, Obake, Osso, Harold Budd).
- Powerful sound design engine ("WASHES") that allows for detailed sound source, envelope and spectral morphing adjustments for each layer individually.
- Uses Kontakt's AET Filter morphing technology.
- 60 presets (snapshots) in total – 30 pads, 30 plucks.
Baritone Guitar Washes is a two-page Kontakt instrument with deep sound design capabilities. The UI includes controls for source sounds, morphing target sounds, layer-specific and morphing envelope shapes, effects. EQ and filter as well as a wide range of delay and reverb adjustments. It also includes an "EDGE" control mapped to CC1 that allows for additional tape saturation and spectral shaping to bring out presence and dirt.
Baritone Guitar Washes' palette of possible sounds is unique in its breadth, whilst still retaining the DNA of the original sound sources. It covers icy, thin trails, warm, sparkly harmony pads, edgy, scratchy atonal textures as well as an assortment of plucks with varying degrees of electric guitar realism.
Intro Price: £39 until February 19th 2020 (Reg. £59).
Announcement Trailer: YouTube/5UYRvM1IG_k
Audio Demos: SoundCloud.com/riotaudio/sets/baritone-guitar-washes