RJ Studios has released version 1.1.0 of Pristine Peaks, Ultra-low Distortion Peak Limiter, incorporating numerous new features and enhancements including:
- x2 Range expansion controls double the range of the Gain and Ceiling controls (while maintaining backwards compatibility with v100).
- A new, optional "B" Release mode which provides a different release curve and speed - can produce slightly higher LUFS levels and/or more transparent sound on some material.
- Choice of the original stereo-linked or new independent gain reduction modes.
- Gain Compensation control that reduces the output level by the amount of the Gain control - to provide near unity gain matching for better monitoring of limiter gain action.
- Attenuation Delta Control that allows auditioning what the limiter is removing.
- Complete removal the linear phase HPF latency when the HPF is turned off (some latency is still required for Pristine Peaks to do its thing and cannot be reduced further).
- Improved visibility of gain reduction scale on Attenuation meters.
Pristine Peaks uses a unique approach to peak limiting that does not employ saturation or clipping in its gain reduction process. The result is extremely low THD and no aliasing for applications where "clean" limiting is most desirable.
- Less than 0.005% THD at any gain reduction amount (20Hz-20kHz, ISP on) *.
- No aliasing*.
- Oversampling option for ISP detection.
- 4 choices of Dither (16 and 24-bit).
- Linear Phase input High Pass Filter.
- Up to 20dB of limiter drive Gain and Ceiling control.
- Peak hold meters that capture the max gain reduction.
- Mono and stereo channel applications.
Pristine Peaks is a 64-bit plugin in VST, VST3 and AAX formats for Windows PC and VST, VST3, AAX and AU formats for Mac OS 10.11+ on Intel and Apple Silicon.
Price: $59.95 from the RJ Studios webstore or the KVR Marketplace. Current owners of Pristine Peaks can download the v1.1.0 update for free from the RJ Studios website. Free 14-day trial demos are available for download at RJ Studio's website.