RML Labs has released version 4.6 updates for SAWStudio and SAWStudioLite and released version 2.0 of SAWStudioBasic. These new versions are all now available for immediate download free to registered users.
Enhancements in v4.6:
- Included the new 32 chan Behringer BCF2000 midi controller template. See details in the helpfile for setting up multiple BCF2000 units.
- Enhanced the Copy Track (Or Marked Area) to Layer feature to allow copying to all layers at the same time by holding the Shift-Key when activating the command. This will also apply to multiple track options of the same function.
- Enhanced the Copy All (Or Marked)Automation to Layer feature to allow copying to all layers at the same time by holding the Shift-Key when activating the command. This will also apply to multiple track options of the same function.
- Modified the SRP auto-punch function. When SRP is engaged with a marked area on the MT, an auto-punch operation is ready to engage at the marked area. The auto-punch will not activate unless the REC button has also been pressed sometime before the auto-punch area. When the REC button has been armed, it will flash until the actual auto-punch area is reached, at which point it will engage record and display solid red. This helps eliminate accidental record operations when using SRP to playback after an auto-punch. If the REC is armed, you will see the REC light flashing, giving you ample warning that you are about to overwrite the punch area with a new recording. The Shift-SRP can also be used to engage SRP and arm the REC at the same time. The auto SRP/REC latch option can also be used. You can also override the flashing REC button by pressing the REC again before reaching the auto-punch area and recording will start immediately.
- Added a warning prompt if you attempt to clear the marked area while Offset Mode is active. This can help prevent offset changes from being applied to the entire track by accident. Also added the creation of an undo file when exiting Offset Mode and applying changes.
- Enhanced the TCP/IP options to save with the preferences so you can automatically boot into one of the Host, Remote or Slave modes.
- Added support for using Show Control View and show playback on Remote computers.
- Right-Clicking on the Show Control View Blue Pyramid Options icon will now allow the window to float over top of other programs.
- Show Control Mode now has a new Continue enhancement… you may now select Wait to load the next session and wait, not starting playback and not preloading and placing a prompt on screen. Playback may then be started at any time with any playback command when ready.
- Show Control Mode now also allows for Global Midi Play and Stop notes to control the Show Control playback. These save with the Show Control File and allow a single note-on to control global play and another to control global stop within the entire Show Control list of individual session files.
- Show Control Mode now also allows for Global Midi Prev and Next notes to control the Show Control selection listbox. These save with the Show Control File and allow a single note-on to move to the previous or next Show Control listbox entry within the entire Show Control list of individual session files.
- Enhanced the TCP/IP Remote capabilities to now allow connecting during live playback… the remote will be synchronized into the playback loop, including the detection of Show Control Mode.
- TCP/IP Remote computers will now display a popup notice when the Host is waiting to answer a message dialog. The wait can be overridden by pressing Shift-Esc on the remote computer.
- TCP/IP Host computers will now display a popup notice when a Remote is waiting to answer a message dialog. The wait can be overridden by pressing Shift-Esc on the host computer.
- The MT and SF play cursor freeze action has been extended down 2 more zoom levels from 256 to 64.
- The Control Track Built-In Commands have been enhanced to now include two new SACLink functions; SACLink Recall Cur Scene and SACLink Recall Scene By Name. The first command recalls the currently selected SAC Scene View entry. The second command jumps the SAC Scene View listbox to the named scene and then recalls it.
- Added modifications to allow compatibility with new Waves 6 VST plugins. The plugins need to first be extracted from the Wave Shell using the Shell2VST utility.
- Enhanced the SRC resolution in the Lowest Quality setting to retain better accuracy of the samplerate during a conversion.
- BuildMix will now automatically ignore live device inputs. VST synths will still be included in the build.
- The Export Region function now defaults to the current Session folder. It will retain any path change you make until you open a new session at which point it will now reset and default to that session folder.
Video Track Viewer v3.3:
- Enhanced the Video Viewer to allow it to be moved to a secondary monitor. Be aware that some DirectDraw driver implementations may not function correctly on monitors other than the Primary monitor. If you loose the video viewer from the Primary monitor due to screen resolution changes, you can force the viewer to the current monitor resolution by opening the viewer from SAWStudio while pressing the Shift-Key.
Echo Plugin v2.7:
- Modifications made to properly update settings display on an open plugin altered by a SAC Scene change using the SACLink option.
Graphic Eq Plugin v2.6:
- Modifications made to properly update settings display on an open plugin altered by a SAC Scene change using the SACLink option. Also now allows the Options menu to open while the engine is live.
Bug Fixes in v4.6:
- Code modified to display Chan labels in the Wide Mixer popup Dynamics Key menu in the same manner as the Zoom and Exploded Mixer views.
- Fixed code to display the Export Region progress bar window without cutting off the word "Cancel".
- Fixed code to retain whether the Ctrl key was pressed when clicking on a track record switch to open a record template and the save session dialog pops up asking for a session name. Once the name is entered and the dialog is closed, the entire record template will now correctly open.
- Fixed code to trap for duplicate record filenames for track labels that are the same and when rate, res, or filetype is changed midstream.
- Fixed code to properly shutdown Soundfile playback with SAC-Link at end of file and end of marked regions in SF view.
- Fixed code to initialize the timeline mode when opening a saved preference file.
- Fixed code to stop MT Cursor from jumping back to starting play position if playback is stopped when zoomed in past the cursor freeze zoom ratio.
- Fixed code to break the MT-SF cursor link when jumping to a Control Track marker position after transferring data from the MT to the SF view.
- Fixed code to properly repaint mixer top client mixer label zones whenever labels are cleared or entered, including maintaining selected channel status.
- Fixed code to trap for SoundFile Playback crash on a TCP/IP computer remote. SF playback on a remote computer is not currently possible.
- Fixed code to ignore Label Selected tracks when using the Remove Silence function. This eliminates a possible crash that could otherwise occur.
- Fixed the Frontier AlphaTrack Midi Controller Template to stop fader chattering when playing thru fader automation and the readout display was not set to Fader.
- Fixed the SampleRate Conversion algorithms to output more accurate final filesizes based on the rate conversion predicted size.
- Fixed code to allow midi controllers to properly follow track re-ordering for Rec Meter engaging and Section jumps.
- Fixed code to correct for Show Control Mode stopping at the end of each session when SACLink is active.
- Fixed code to correct for possible display corruption when the engine is active on multiple cpu systems and under moderate to heavy load.
- Fixed code to correct loading of the various Recent File List data when any one of the .ini files does not exist.
- Fixed code to maintain the hide/show windows as the active window when returning back into SAWStudio.
- Fixed code to automatically skip save session prompts during Show Control playback which would normally popup if any mixer controls had been altered since the current session had been loaded.
- Fixed a misspelling in a File View file relocation message box.
RML Labs has also released updates for the SAWStudio plug-ins: Studio Levelizer (v3.1), Studio Frequency Analyzer (v1.6) and Studio Reverb (v1.6).