- Auto-backward location marker (NEW).
- Clip selection edge adjustment (NEW).
- Improved audio clip zoom-in resolution (NEW).
- Clip selection resilience (FIX).
- MIDI (N)RPN running status (FIX).
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Complete change-log since last Snobbier Graviton beta release:
- MIDI clip tools redo/undo processing refactored as much to avoid replication over multiple hash-linked clips; MIDI clip editor's floating selection/anchor event stability has been also improved, in regard to MIDI tools processing range.
- Auto-backward play-head location, when playback was last started, is now shown on main track-view, as a momentary dark-red vertical line marker.
- LV2 plug-in parameter optimization: stuff consecutive series of plug-in's parameter value changes, as much as possible into one single undo/redo command.
- LV2_STATE__StateChanged is now recognized as a regular atom notification event and raising the current session dirty flag, as normal behavior.
- Adjusting clip selection edges is now possible and honored while on the the main track-view canvas.
- Audio peak file caching and rendering, as far as audio clip wave-forms are concerned, have been refactored and optimized a couple of notches higher, on the ephemeral and rather marginal throughput front ;).
- Fixed a potential crash on the singleton/unique application instance setup.
- Edit/Select Mode tool-buttons moved into single drop-down tool-button on the main and MIDI editor's tool-bar.
- Do not reset the current clip selection when updating the main track-view extents e.g. while zooming in or out.
- Automation curve node editing auto-smoothing revisited; also fixed input MIDI RPN/NRPN running status processing, which was crippling some plug-in automation curve nodes, when saved in high-resolution 14-bit mode.
- Fixed the visual play-head position (vertical red line) while zooming in or out horizontally.
- Almost complete overhaul on the configure script command line options, wrt. installation directories specification, e.g. --prefix, --bindir, --libdir, --datadir and --mandir.
- LV2 Plug-in worker/schedule fix: make request/response ring-buffer writes in one go, hopefully atomic (suggested patch by Stefan Westerfeld, while on SpectMorph, thanks).