Changes to this mid-season dot release are detailed as follows:
- Audio clip gain and panning properties are now taken into consideration when hash-linking (aka. ref-counting) their back-end buffers.
- New out-of-process plug-in inventory scan and cache option, replacing the old (aka. dummy) VST plug-in scan option and extending its function to all other plug-in types: LADSPA, DSSI and also LV2 (cache only).
- A File System browser and tree-view is finally integrated as a dockable-widget on the main application window (cf. main menu View / Window / File System).
- Drag-and-dropping of session, audio and MIDI files over the main track-list (left pane) is now possible, allowing for yet another quick means to open a new session or add new tracks to the current session.
- MIDI input/capture time-stamping has been fixed as much to avoid missing inbound events, when play-head is near the loop-end point and the loop-start is set below the absolute first half-a-second (<0.5sec).
- LV2 Time/Transport speed information is now set on rolling when in audio export aka freewheeling mode.
- Added *.SF3 to soundfont instrument files filter, on View > Instruments... > Import... file dialog.
- A brand new View/Options.../Display/Meters/Show meters on track list/left pane option has been added.
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
See also: www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/1872