Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Change-log (since last release):
- Eye-candy warning: muted/non-soloed tracks are now shaded over the main thumb-view.
- Faster and crispier VST plugin editor (GUI) idle cycles.
- Fixed all core processing when any plugin has more audio outputs than channels on a track/bus where it's inserted.
- Added one decimal digit to all percentage input spin-boxes on the MIDI Tools dialog.
- Added brand new and global option to disable the so called "catch-up" default behavior (cf. View/Controllers.../Sync).
- Fixed some track control issues related to MIDI Controllers generic mapping (cf. View/Controllers...).
- Try making Help/Shortcuts... dialog window modeless, as far as under MIDI Controller, Inputs/Outputs Connections window also gets accessible enough.
- Fixed some vertical scrolling and play-head line re-drawing glitches introduced by the recent unlimited slack to editing beyond current contents length on main tracks view.
- Added one decimal digit to the Pitch-shift spin-box on audio Clip/Edit... properties dialog window.
- Added application keywords to freedesktop.org's AppData.
- Fixed local keyboard shortcuts on the Files organizer widget actions and context-menu.
- Improved Mixer multi-row layout.
- Fixed the Ctrl+drag/cloning left of a clip when towards near the beginning of session.