Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Change-log (since last hazy release):
- LV2 UI Touch feature/interface support added.
- MIDI aware plug-ins are now void from multiple or parallel instantiation.
- MIDI tracks and buses plug-in chains now honor the number of effective audio channels from the assigned audio output bus; dedicated audio output ports will keep default to the stereo two channels.
- Plug-in rescan option has been added to plug-ins selection dialog.
- Dropped the --enable-qt5 from configure as found redundant given that's the build default anyway.
- Immediate visual sync has been added to main and MIDI clip editor thumb-views.
- Fixed an old MIDI clip editor contents disappearing bug, which manifested when drawing free-hand (i.e. Edit/Select Mode/Edit Draw is on) over and behind its start/beginning position (while in the lower view pane).