Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Changes for this season's release are:
- Fixed the snap-to-beat of new notes entry on the MIDI clip editor (aka. piano-roll) due on time signature changes.
- Start JACK transport rolling only when metronome Count-in ends.
- Fixed an allegedly old and incorrect 0dBfs notch position on MIDI track/buses audio meter sidekicks.
- Send/return and Aux-send inserts now show the proper name and the target output bus name on the properties editor title respectively.
- Fixed a zero-day blunder that was keeping the real-time process cycle from having the uniform block-size of 64 frames per period; (thus, probably ineffective since v0.9.30).
- Multiple MIDI clip tools may now be applied simultaneously, in a single shot, in the following priority order: quantize, transpose, normalize, resize, rescale and timeshift.
- Plugin inventory scan now slightly optimized to an allegedly lesser aggressive cache-invalidation algorithm.
- Do not send/Preview notes on the MIDI clip editor (aka. piano-roll) when playback is currently rolling.
- Send all pending MIDI Note-Off events when playback stops/shuts-off (and/or the Panic. button is hit).
- Fixed the internal MIDI file player queue to the highest resolution possible (PPQN aka ticks-per-beat).
- Synthv1 - a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer.
- Samplv1 - a polyphonic sampler synthesizer.
- Drumkv1 - a drum-kit sampler synthesizer.
- Padthv1 - a polyphonic additive synthesizer.
All being delivered in dual form:
- A pure stand-alone JACK client with JACK-session, NSM (Non/New Session Management) and both JACK MIDI and ALSA MIDI input support;
- A LV2 instrument plugin.
The change-log follows:
- Added Loop End Release mode switch: whether to play over the sample loop-end point when entering note-off EG release stage. (applies to samplv1 only).
- Make sure the XCB interface is in use when instantiating the LV2 plugin on non-Qt hosts, allowing LV2 X11 UI embedding to work and show up properly.
See also: The QStuff* Spring'23 Release batch #1