rncbc.org has announced a new official beta release of the Vee One Suite version 0.8.3 of the old-school software instruments, for Linux.
The Vee One Suite are:
- synthv1 - a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer.
- samplv1 - a polyphonic sampler synthesizer.
- drumkv1 - a drum-kit sampler synthesizer.
All available in dual form:
- A pure stand-alone JACK client with JACK-session, NSM (Non session management) and both JACK MIDI and ALSA MIDI input support;
- A LV2 instrument plugin.
The changes for this beta release are as follows:
- Added StartupWMClass entry to desktop file.
- Long overdue, some brand new and fundamental icons revamp.
- Play (current sample) menu item has been added to sample display right-click context-menu as for triggering it as an internal MIDI note-on/off event. (applies to samplv1 only).
- Left-clicking on each element fake-LED now triggers it as an internal MIDI note-on/off event. Play (current element) menu item has been also added to the the element list and sample display right-click context-menu. (applies to drumkv1 only).