The original Blade synthesizer released in 2012 had a unique concept in controlling the waveform harmonics (Harmolator) by using an XY pad. On top of that, the XY pad movement could also be recorded, edited, and played back tempo-based. This concept of Blade meant that you could generate some very different sounds, compared to other subtractive and even additive synthesizers.
Blade-2 expands the features of Blade even further again making it a dream synthesizer for synth lovers who like to think out of the box and love to experiment.
Next to the Harmolator mode, there is now an Additive mode which allows you to morph or mix between 4 additive waveforms using the XY pad. In addition to using these additive waves, you can also create and edit your own. Another new addition is a dedicated wave-analyze section that allows to analyze of sample data into a waveform, which then again can be used in the Harmolator or Additive section.
Blade-2 also includes an additional analog-type oscillator plus a noise oscillator. However, it doesn't stop there, because it now has 32 different Filter types to help shape your sound further.
The Arpeggiator section inside Blade-2 has also received a huge update with some new features. There are now two additional rows for controlling the X and Y position of the XY pad. Also new is the 'ratcheting' feature including different ratcheting modes. Last but not least, Blade-2 has 3 Multi-FX processors with the high-quality top-notch – Rob Papen - FX.
The update includes 80 new presets.
- Oddiction bank added (53 new presets).
- New presets inside 002 Pads 01 (10 new) | 003 Synth 01 (7 new) | 004 Arp & Sequence 01 (10 new).
Please use the 'order by date' feature in the bank manager to locate these new presets.
- MPE Beta mode.(Inside the PlayMode).
- Arp Velocity added with key entry.
- Improved arp key entry so it skips over off/tied notes.
- Harmolator control displays easy amounts now.
- Modulation by Mod Velocity etc now shows.
- OSC/Noise graphic output if Harmolator/Additive is off.
- When you start XY recording, the XY position doesn't move.
- Fixed problem with some Filters being unbalanced in unison modes.
- Improved sample zoom so the selected area is centered.
- Fixed a problem where when you turned off OSC/noise the labels weren't bypassed.
- Changing screens turned off sample preview.
- Mod Arp not running when Arp not used as a mod source.
- Fixed problem on Mac where the folder still appears after being deleted.
- Fixed problem with a crash in Sonar when pressing the panic reset.
Blade-2 has been added at no extra cost to the eXplorer-6 bundle, and the SoundDesign-X bundle. So if you have already purchased a few Rob Papen plugins then check out the upgrade options to eXplorer-6 or SoundDesign-X.