The Rosegarden team has announced the release of version 18.06 of Rosegarden, a MIDI sequencer for Linux that features a rich understanding of music notation along with basic support for digital audio.
Along with some bug fixes and a few new features, 18.06 brings more simplification of the code and further progress toward simplifying the UI notification mechanisms that keep the UI in sync with the underlying Composition.
- Manage MIDI Banks and Programs window now uses a scroll area instead of tabs.
- Add "Reset to Defaults" button to Track Parameters.
- Standardized scroll wheel behavior.
- Notation: Offer spacing up to 400%.
- Notation spacing is now saved to the .rg file.
- Fix misc spelling errors flagged by lintian.
- Fix soft synth tracks not responding to volume fader changes.
- Fix Receive External checkbox not cleared.
- Fix key map popup menu position on the Manage MIDI Banks and Programs window. Current key map is now under the mouse as it should be.
- Fix a memory leak.
- Fix gray leftovers when going out of Archive.
- Fix Track preset name not loaded from .rg file.
- Fix TrackButtons flicker when switching files.
- Fix vertical zoom reset on the Matrix editor.
- Fix vertical zoom reset on the Notation editor.