Sample Logic has released Electro City, a dynamic rhythmic sequencing and effects engine accompanied by a loop library perfect for all styles of electronic music production. Powered by Native Instruments' Kontakt Player platform, Sample Logic say "Electro City is designed to redefine how rhythmic beats and melodic loops are produced".
By harnessing the power and flexibility of Sample Logic's Rhythmology engine, Electro City is intended to possess limitless creativity, fusing together all things cinematic, synth, industrial, trap, house, dubstep, EDM, trance, techno, breakbeat, and much more. As such, each loop has been handcrafted from samples, drum kits, synths, and raw materials, which comes courtesy of hours of production by the Sample Logic team, as well as from professional producers at Sample Magic and Soundtrack Loops.
Flexible Rhythm Engine
Built on Sample Logic's dynamic multi-core sample engine, Electro City wants to make creativity a breeze. Design infinite rhythmic sequences, melodic phrases and beat loops by stacking and shaping up to four loop sources, inside four loop cores, for playback, while executing crazy and creative audio effects processing in realtime. Start from the simplest fundamental beat and work towards masterful complexities with Electro City's intuitive interface to create elaborate looping rhythmic and melodic productions. All loop sources are loaded into a loop core packed with effects, including reverb, delay, filters, distortion, and more. Use up to four loop cores simultaneously to generate unique grooves. Mastering effects can be applied to all loop cores.
Sequence, Re-order, And Fuse Loops In Creative Ways
The Electro City engine and interface provide a platform for unlimited customization. Every loop source is divided into rhythmic segments, each of which can be ordered and re-ordered into any playback order, direction, sequence, and combination. Creating custom sequences is only the start, since each segment can also be affected independently using built-in static effects, such as stutter, transpose, reverse, volume and pan automation, etc. These segments can also be affected using hot-swappable dynamic effects animation, all of which form part of the loop sequence. Each effect module can be sequenced on a per step/segment basis and / or set to user-defined tempo resolutions. The key is uniting all of this technology by fusing the loops together through activating and deactivating segments across all four loops cores. To top it all off, Electro City is fully compatible with Native Instruments' NKS, an extended plug-in format allowing advanced integration with the company's kontrol keyboard controllers, and Maschine-ready to boot.
Dynamic Preset Browsing
Locate your electronic muse in an instant using the dynamic realtime browsing system integrated into the interface. Sort and filter loop sources, loop core presets, and multi core presets by emotion, genre, type, and style tags. You can even heart your favorites right inside the browser for expedited loading.
Create with Randomization Engine
Sample Logic has equipped over a dozen parameters within the Electro City interface for intuitive randomization, allowing you to rapidly tap into over a trillion starting point combinations with creative effects. Simply arm parameters for randomization, and prepare to launch. The interface's intelligent randomization technology will generate inspiring results, on the spot, every time.
Electro City At A Glance:
- Over 1,800 sound presets, with a limitless number of sonic combinations.
- Four loop core engine.
- Hot-swappable effects chain technology.
- Fully "randomizable" interface for instant inspiration.
- Dozens of customizable effects presets.
- Native Instruments' NKS and Maschine ready.
- Electro City includes 1010 loop sources, 487 loop cores, 325 multi core instruments, and a 1.75 compressed sample library using Kontakt's lossless sample storage compression (5GB uncompressed). All samples are delivered at 44.1kHz/24-bit.
- Requires Kontakt 5 Player (free) or Kontakt 5 (sold separately) Version 5.6.8 or higher.
- Mac OS X 10.10 or 10.11 or 10.12 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM (6GB recommended).
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon (TM) 64 X2, 4 GB RAM (6GB recommended).
- 1.75 GB free disk space for Electro City sample content.
- 1 GB free disk space for Kontakt 5 Player.
Price: $299. $199 is the introductory price until August 9th (you save $100) or bundled with Rhythmology at $400.